A listing of our Padstow Videos
A range of Padstow Videos from Obby Oss celebrations to video tours. Padstow is a very popular location with visitors to Cornwall. Sitting on the Camel river estuary it is associated with Rick Stein the TV chef. However, it is a Fishing port, a safe harbour for sailors on the north coast, home to the National Lobster Hatchery and one end of the well known Camel Trail which stretches from Wadebridge to Padstow along old mineral tramways beside the estuary before reaching Padstow. It is a thriving town that welcomes visitors who come to enjoy its harbour, beach and boat trips.
- Obby Oss Festival Padstow - The Obby Oss Festival Padstow is an annual event generally accepted to have Celtic origins and celebrates the death of winter and the beginning of spring and is one of the oldest Festivals in the UK. Obby Oss Festival Padstow The Red ‘Oss and its supporters leave The Golden Lion an hour later. Both return […]
- Video Guide to Padstow - Video Guide to Padstow on the North Cornwall Coast A short video guide to Padstow featuring the harbour, the beaches, Camel Trail, Rick Stein’s cafe. Padstow is approximately 14 miles north east of Newquay, on the north Cornwall coast at the mouth of the River Camel. The approach to Padstow Harbour from sea is notorious […]
- Video Obby Oss May Day Padsow Cornwall - Video Obby Oss May Day Padsow Cornwall Video of the 2008 Obby Oss in Padstow. We have another video of a previous years Obby Oss. [ready_google_map id=’369′]
- Obby Oss Parade Padstow - The Obby Oss Parade Padstow is the most significant part of the Obby Oss day. The parade includes bands, singing with participants getting dressed to walk behind the Oss’s. Obby Oss Parade Padstow During the day the parade is accompanied by the singing of the day song and in the evening the night song. The […]
- Lostwithiel Town Band - Lostwithiel Town Band Lostwithiel Town Band playing on the Quay at Padstow.
- Padstow Lifeboat Training Exercise - Padstow Lifeboat Training Exercise Launch Padstow Lifeboat Training Exercise Launch 29th July 2009. The new Tamar Class Lifeboat Spirit of Padstow 16-04. Because the Tamar Class is much larger than the previous Tyne a new, state of the arts boathouse was built alongside the 1967 boathouse. You can read more about the Padstow Lifeboat here
- Launch Padstow Lifeboat - Padstow Lifeboat. Video taken on-board a launch down the new slipway. Launch Padstow Lifeboat You can read more about the Padstow Lifeboat Station here.
- The Camel Trail - The Camel Trail In latter years the railway was used to ship slate and china clay from inland quarries to ships docking in Padstow. Fish ere transported in the opposite direction to London and other markets The railway lost most of its traffic when both the quarrying and fishing activities stopped or were greatly reduced. […]
- Dolphins Padstow - Dolphins Padstow Dolphins Padstow : Dolphins are a common site off the coast of Cornwall and can be seen in many places. The Pods appear and disappear just as quickly. This video is taken from one of the boats that run from taking visitors out from Padstow harbour. The harbour is only accessible at certain […]
- Time lapse – Camel Estuary - Video Time lapse – Camel Estuary Lovely clip of the tidal action and weather as a time lapse taken looking out over the Camel estuary at Padstow. Padstow is a very popular town on the north Cornwall coast well know fo its connection with Rick Stein the TV chef who runs several business in the […]
- Music Prideaux Place Padstow - Music Prideaux Place Padstow Summer entertainment with music Prideaux Place Padstow. Prideaux Place a beautiful Elizabethan manor house overlooks the harbour of Padstow. The filming of Rosamunde Pilcher’s ‘Coming Home’ at Prideaux Place is a great draw for Pilcher fans. In Germany over 100 of her stories have been televised filming of 14 of her […]
- Padstow Lifeboat on rough passage - Padstow Lifeboat on rough Passage from Plymouth Padstow RNLI Tamar class all-weather lifeboat encounters rough seas on passage back from Plymouth, around The Lizard and Land’s End. For more information on Padstow Lifeboat.