- by Gordon
A short walk from Bude town centre along the coast path (5 mins). Crooklets beach is adjacent to Summerleaze Beach, just past the open air sea pool. Although a little pebbly and rocky at the top, Crooklets Beach offers a huge expanse of golden sand once the tide is out.
It is very popular with surfers and also home to the Bude Surf Life Saving (Bude SLSC) Clubhouse. The Bude SLSC holds surf life-saving demonstrations on Crooklets Beach every Tuesday evening (6.30pm) during the summer and they are well worth a visit!
Amenities: Close to cafes and shops. Has Council car park and toilets (Disabled). Skate park in the beach car park. Beach huts are available for hire.
Dogs: Dog ban in place from Easter Day to October 1st.
Surfing Info: Picks up a little more swell than Widemouth. Lefts and rights, which are steep from low to high tide. Also, left-hander from steps, “Barrel Rock”.
Suitable for: Beginners through to experienced surfers. Dangers: Rocks and rips at certain stages of the tide. Crowded in the busy season.
Tides: Surfable at all tides. Wind: E/SE offshore
Amazon has a wide range of Books and Guides on Bude everything from maps and history and guides that help in finding things to do in Bude
- Back to Festival Videos
- See the forecast for Tide Times for Bude
- Back to Bude Tourist Information Centre
- Accommodation in Bude check out the latest Deals and Offers in Bude
- The Bude Lifeboat
- Back to our Beach Guide
- Back to our Cornwall Tides Page
- Check here for a listing of Cornwall Beaches with RNLI Lifeguard cover.
- Our guide to dog-friendly beaches in Cornwall
- Back to Cornwall Surf Schools