A Listing of St Ives Videos
A listing of St Ives videos that include videos on the Tate St Ives, the artist community and its history including the renovation of the famous Porthmeor Studios, The Barbara Hepworth Museum and Garden as well the the water-sports on the beaches around St Ives. The scenic train 4.5 mile jouney from St Erith to St Ives along Carbis Bay, The local farmers market and the annual harbour raft race and more.
The Beaches at St Ives are some of the finest in Cornwall with a beaches to suit the adrenaline seeking extreme water-sports enthusiast to families with very young children.
- St Ives Storm Lambeth Walk - This video (St Ives Storm Lambeth Walk) was filmed on Lambeth walk in St Ives on a high Spring tide. The video maker could only stand the spray wind and force for a few minutes. [GARD] When you see the same area on a lovely sunny day it is difficult to comprehend the difference between […]
- St Ives October - St Ives October St Ives is always a popular destination for visitors to Cornwall. St Ives October: like the rest of Cornwall out of the main season has a unique feel and atmosphere. The winter storms can give way to beautiful sunny mild days which are ideal for walking. The surfers during the winter tend […]
- St Ives – May Day Celebrations - The St Ives – May Day Celebrations can be traced back hundreds of years are a traditional celebration representing the start of spring and the end of winter. St Ives – May Day Celebrations At midday at the Guildhall the Grand Bard and Mayor choose the May Queen and King and their attending Prince and […]
- St Ives School Artists - St Ives School Artists The St Ives school Artists : A film made by the Cornwall Tourist Board to illustrate the artistic community that has existed in St Ives for many years. Drawn by the quality of the light, the seascapes and landscape of Cornwall St Ives is still a thriving artistic community. The sculptress […]
- Aerial Tour West Cornwall - Aerial Tour West Cornwall This aerial tour West Cornwall video was commissioned to promote the area by the then District Councils (Penwith, Carrick and Kerrier) before Cornwall became a unitary authority. The arial views include Godrevy Lighthouse and the seals, the sweep of St Ives Bay, St Ives Harbour and Porthmeor Beaches. Flying over The […]
- Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden - Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden The Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden in St Ives is an opportunity to see the work of one of Britain’s most famous artists. There are Sculptures in bronze, stone and wood on display in the Museum and in the Garden. Many of the sculptures are in the original position chosen by Barbara […]
- St Ives Flowers Bloom - St Ives Flowers Bloom This video, St Ives Flowers Bloom was filmed in St Ives during the summer months when the flowers in full bloom. A regular winner of ‘Britain in Bloom’ competition with property decked out with baskets of flowers and public spaces a colourful display of blooms. St Ives in Bloom is a […]
- St Ives Farmers Market - St Ives Farmers Market The St Ives farmers market gives you the chance to buy food and drink directly from local producers every week. Food sold at the market is grown or produced within 30 miles of St Ives, so shoppers know that they are buying genuinely local food. The market runs every Thursday throughout […]
- Steeple Woodland Nature Reserve - Steeple Woodland Nature Reserve St Ives Cornwall The Steeple Woodland Nature Reserve is a 40-acre public open space around Knill’s Monument, above St Ives. Visitors can explore the woods, stroll over heathland and discover areas planted with young trees. A variety of activities take place at the reserve, including volunteer work sessions, wildlife surveys, environmental […]
- Train journey from St Erth to St Ives Cornwall - Train journey from St Erth to St Ives Cornwall The St. Ives Bay Line Running between St.Ives and the mainline station at St.Erth, the St.Ives Bay Line has some of the most beautiful scenery in England and is well worth taking a trip on. Arriving into St.Ives by train is far easier than driving, and the […]
- Tate St Ives Cornwall Porthmeor studios - Tate St Ives Cornwall Porthmeor studios Tate St Ives Cornwall Porthmeor studios: A short film looking at the influence Porthmeor studios has had on the town of St Ives, with reference to the artists that have worked there and are exhibited at the Tate. Sara Hughes, the Curator of Tate St Ives, guides us through […]
- St Ives Porthmeor Studios - St Ives Porthmeor Studios The St Ives Porthmeor Studios date back to the early 1800s. It was at one time the centre of the pilchard industry. The artist community started to arrive in the 1880s, creating studios above the fishermen’s cellars. Porthmeor has since then provided workspace for several internationally important artists, including Ben Nicholson […]
- Renovation Porthmeor Studios St Ives - Renovation Porthmeor Studios St Ives Cornwall Part 2 of the videos Renovation Porthmeor Studios St Ives: explains the historical and current importance to the artist community in St Ives of the Portmeor Studios. The video explains the long standing connection between the artists and the fisherman who share the building and the repairs that are […]
- St Ives Raft Race Fun - St Ives Raft Race A short video of the annual St Ives Raft Race which is held in the harbour allowing a large number of spectators to watch and throw the flower bombs! The race takes place in August every year. Teams come from many local organisations including the Gig Club, Sailing Club, Round table […]
- Cornwall Holidays in Newquay and St Ives - Cornwall Holidays in Newquay and St Ives A promotional video from Teletext that in the main covers Newquay the beaches, family holidays, surfing. St Ives the Tate gallery, the harbour and the beaches.
- St Ives Ayr Field Day - St Ives Ayr Field Day The Ayr Field Day at St Ives. Children’s Carousel, Face Painting, Bouncy Castle, Toddler Area, Police Car, Fire Brigade, St John’s Ambulance, St Ives Jumbo Boat BBQ, Veggie Food Stall, Refreshments, Raffle, over 15 community group stalls and much more!
- Carbis Bay St Ives Train - Carbis Bay St Ives Train Carbis Bay St Ives train on the Bay Branch Line. The St Ives Bay Line is 4.25 miles (6.84 km) long from St Erth to St Ives The line first opened in 1877 using the then broad gauge track (7 ft) and was the last railway in track in the […]
- Open Ayr Family Festival – St Ives, Cornwall - Open Ayr Family Festival – St Ives, Cornwall A day of family fun at Ayr Field during the St Ives September Festival. Open ayr is a brand new event including home grown live music, theatre and workshops for all the family plus food & craft stalls. A big top circus tent will provide cover for […]