- by Gordon
Southeast facing beach with beautiful fine white soft sand and turquoise seas. High cliffs to both sides, this is a popular family beach, steeply shelving at high tide. The stream that flows down one side of the beach is great for kids to paddle in. There are stunning coastal views with the Minack Theatre up on the right cut into cliffs and Logan Rock round the bay to the left. The Museum of Submarine Telegraphy is located just before you get to the main car park.
- Car park with a short walk down a sandy path to the beach.
- Toilets, located in the car park
- Refreshments, located opposite the car park
- Good surfing in the right conditions
- Seasonal dog ban, Easter to October
- Seaside Award 2006
Check here for a listing of Cornwall Beaches with RNLI Lifeguard cover.
Back to Cornwall Surf Schools
Back to Cornwall Beaches© Photograph of Porthcurno Beach with kind permission of Fraser Reid Flckr