- by Gordon
Owned by the National Trust, Trelissick is described by them as a “Tranquil varied garden in a fabulous position“. The garden has a superb collection of tender and exotic plants. The walk down to the river and along the woodland walk looking down to the river is one of the highlights of any visit.[su_video_lightbox image_url=”https://www.visitcornwall.tv/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/trelissick-garden-scenic-woodlan.jpg” alt_image=”Trelissick Gardens” video_title=”Trelissick” video_url=”www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqzobdGnSWY”]
You can walk through parkland and down to the river along a riverside footpath and look down on King Harry Ferry as it crosses back and forth across the River Fal,
- Home to the National Collection of photinias and azaras
- Commanding panoramic views down to Falmouth and the open sea
- Extensive park, woodland and riverside walks, taking in Roundwood Iron Age Fort
- Gallery exhibiting work by local Cornish artists and craftsmen
Arrive by boat using Fal River Links.
Click on the image below to view an image gallery of Trelissick Garden
Back to Cornwall Gardens Videos
You can read more on Trelissick Gardens on the National Trust website
Amazon has a large selection of books on the Gardens of Cornwall. Several that cover all the gardens and others that are specific to a particular Garden. The National Trust in Cornwall looks after many of the historic houses and estates and gardens. They also have a range of National Trust Books on Amazon. Including several on Trelissick Gardens and House.
- The National Trust in Cornwall is home to many of the fine Gardens in our Cornwall Gardens list.
- Back to Cornwall Tourist and Visitor Information Centres
- Holiday Accommodation and today’s deals in Cornwall
Follow Visit Cornwall TV on Facebook