- by Gordon
Escape Surf School – Surf Coaching at all levels
The Escape Surf School is based in the centre of Newquay, on the premises of Belushis, Newquay’s premier surf bar and hostel. We have sensational views at our base over Newquay’s finest surfing beaches.
We are a British Surfing Association (BSA) level 4 surf school, which is the highest level achievable for a UK surf school. This means we are qualified to teach complete beginners to advanced and contest surfers.
We are one of the only surf schools is Newquay that can boast a professional surfer as Head Coach – Mike Young , who has been surfing professionally for over 25 years, competing for many years on the WQS tour.
Mike is also Head Coach for the British Junior Surf Team
We teach on either Towan / Great Western or Fistral Beach, depending upon the tides and conditions of the day. We are centrally located, with each beach less than a 5 minute walk away – check out the enquiries page for a map.
As well as offering beginner and intermediate lessons through the Surf school, we also offer advanced coaching through the Escape Elite Surf Academy
A few reasons why we are proud of the school, and why you should learn to surf with the Escape Surf School…….
– All our coaches are BSA Qualified Level 1, 2, 3 & 4 and qualified RLSS beach lifeguards, offering professional coaching in a safe environment
– We are one of the only surf schools in Newquay to boast a professional surfer as Head Coach; Mike Young has been surfing for 25 years with 15 years professional experience on tour. Mike is currently ranked 9th in the UK on the UK Pro Surf Tour
– We will ensure you get the best possible waves. Because we are based between 2 beaches, we have the choice to use either. This is invaluable when the swell is small, as we use the more exposed Fistral, or when the swell is huge, and Fistral is dangerous and closed, we use the much more sheltered Towan Beach. You are therefore guaranteed to have the best possible lesson, whatever the conditions
– At the Escape Surf School we are proud to specialise, not generalise. We teach surfing and surfing only, not kiteboarding, body boarding and so on!! This means we can concentrate on teaching surfing to the best level possible and guaranteeing you will find the whole experience a life changing event!
– All Escape Surf School customers receive a 10% discount on food from the restaurant.
– We use new innovative teaching methods which guarantee after your first lesson you will be standing and surfing to the beach.
– We are flexible. If you want to spread your lessons over a few days, you can – at no extra cost
– The Escape Surf School is a British Surfing Association Level 4 Surf School. We are qualified to teach total beginners to upper level professional surfers. Whatever your level we can progress you to the next level.
The Escape Surf School
35 Fore Street
Postcode: TR7 1HD
Phone: 07967 497117
Web site: Escape Surf School
Learn to Surf in Cornwall
Always use a licensed and approved Surf school that will get you started on a safe beach and give you enough time to get started with basics. Getting good at it dislike everything else in life a good teacher and some time will get you up and running. Do not try and surf alone and always on a Lifeguard beach. Talk to the lifeguards and get their advice. You can find a list of the lifeguard beaches in Cornwall.
The British Surfing Association will offer advice on Surf Schools and membership