Beach safety Flags and Advice for beach users in Cornwall
Safety on the Beaches.
Warning Flags and what they mean
DOs and DON'Ts
- Always accompany children to the sea and make sure you stay in the correct patrolled area and within a reasonable depth.
- Always listen and obey the Lifeguards advice.
- Never take inflatables into the sea.
- Never swim alone or right after eating or drinking alcohol.
- Never leave valuables unattended.
Designated bathing area supervised by Lifeguards. All swimmers/Boogie and
Body Boards etc. Always bathe between the red and yellow flags.
For all surfcraft over 5 feet in length. Includes canoes, windsurfers
Always surf between the black and white flags.
DANGER DO NOT ENTER THE SEA
The red flag indicates that the sea conditions are dangerous.
Never enter the sea when the red flag is flying